CoCart v3 is very close to completion so any feedback you provide testing this beta that needs solving before releasing a release candidate is most appreciated.
I’m aiming to have CoCart v3 released sometime around mid to late April. Up until then I will be working on preparing CoCart Pro to be ready for the big update.
What’s New since CoCart v3 Beta 2?
New: Added the CoCart menu to the new WooCommerce Navigation Menu if it exists or is enabled.
WooCommerce will make this enabled by default in the future and as CoCart is WooCommerce related, it is best that users have everything related to WooCommerce under one roof.
NEW for API: Cart formatting applied to clean up get cart response. This is similar to what the Get Cart Enhanced add-on does by removing the item key as the parent array making it easier to look up the items in the response.
NEW for API: Added cart validation, check each item is in stock and applied coupons are still valid. If anything is not valid an error notice will be added which returns in the response.
Should for some reason the CoCart session table not exist in the database. To help prevent crashing the site when viewing the WooCommerce System Status page, it will check if the table exists before trying to return results.
If it is indeed missing it will simply return “Missing session table“. Should this be the case a tool is available to verify and create the missing table.
Changes since beta 2
- Improved: Plugin activation, environment check and install CoCart in one go for faster performance.
- Tweaked: Redirect user to plugins page after dismissing a notice.
- Tweaked: WooCommerce System Status will check if the CoCart session table exists before returning results.
- Tweaked: Getting Started page to link new plugin section for add-ons.
- Tweaked: Admin notices style.
- Tweaked: Autoloader for WooCommerce Admin notes.
- Tweaked: Added short descriptions to WP-CLI commands should the user do
wp cocart help.
- Fixed: Check if
DISABLE_WP_CRONconstant is defined.
- Fixed: Routes returned for store API.
- Fixed: Callback to WP-CLI commands.
- Dev: Made sure SCSS assets do not export when downloading GitHub source zip of any release.
- Dev: Merged updates from v2.9 and v2.9.1
- Dev: Introduced
cocart_before_get_cartfilter for modifying the cart data in any capacity before the cart response is returned.
- Dev: Introduced
cocart_cartfilter for modifying the cart response in any capacity.
PHP requirement has been bumped to v7.3 to ensure you are getting the best of CoCart.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let me know by logging a report on the GitHub repository.